Greetings! Even though we can't have gatherings at the church building, we can certainly have them online! We are using Zoom, Facebook Lives and YouTube.
Live Captioning At this time we don't seem to be able to have live captioning on live streaming videos. You will need to use a speech to text app on a second device. Some of these apps include Google Live Transcribe, Otter.ai, and Speechy. Web Captionercan only be used on a computer but is AI-based. These are all automated captioning so they won't always do a great job, but hopefully they can help. App suggestions gathered from hearinglikeme.com (no affiliation of any kind).
YouTube Sermons go up on YouTube the next business day.
Facebook We will live stream from our Facebook pageon Sunday mornings at 10:00 am
Zoom I've chosen ZOOM as our primary interactive meeting space for worship and meetings (such as Bible Study). Our meeting number is: 397 629 2568. Zoom now requires passwords. To get the password for our zoom meetings, please email and request the passwordbefore Friday afternoons (email is not checked outside of church office hours).
Below is a set of pictures to show you how to use ZOOM from a mobile device.
1. The very first time only, in your web browser, type in zoom.us Click "Join a Meeting"
2. If you do not have the ZOOM app on your mobile device or computer, you will have to download it.
3. Once you've downloaded it, you will have a ZOOM icon on your desktop. This is what you will click from now on to join a meeting. Use this app for all future meetings.
4. When it's time for a meeting, click "join."
5. Enter the meeting ID Number and click "Join." The meeting ID for worship and Bible study is 397 629 2568.
Zoom now requires passwords. To get the password for our zoom meetings, please email and request the password before Friday afternoons (email is not checked outside of church office hours).
6. When you first enter the room, the app will ask "To hear others please join audio" Click "Call using Internet Audio."
7. When you come in the room, you will either see whoever has spoken last on full screen, or you will see multiple images of everyone in the room. To switch the display from one to the other, click "participants" and choose your preference. You may also not be able to hear what's going on. If that's the case, you'll need to click the "mute" button.
Please join us via ZOOM on Sunday mornings for worship at 10:00 a.m. ZOOM ID number, again, is 397 629 2568 This will also be the number for Thursday night Bible study at 6:30 p.m.
If you can't come to worship via ZOOM, there will also be a FaceBook Live video streaming the service. Simply go to First Christian Church Chico's FaceBook page (https://www.facebook.com/fccchico/) at 10:00 a.m. and the video should be either running already, or the page will ask you if you want to watch the FaceBook Live video. The video will remain on the page even after the service is finished. And of course, the service will also be on our regular YouTube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/FCCChico) by Monday.
If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (530-343-3727) the office during regular operating hours (M-F, 8:00 - 2:30) (Church office is closed but we are working remotely so phone calls will be returned if you leave a voicemail)
Church Office Hours:
Church office is closed until further notice in compliance of Shelter In Place Order Monday-Friday: 8am-12noon; 1pm-2:30pm